Tonkotsu Limited, trading as Tonkotsu, (“we”, “our”, “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy applies to all personal data processed by Tonkotsu, including its website located at www.tonkotsu.co.uk (our “Site”). It sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the European General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679), the data controller is Tonkotsu Limited, with registered number 07946138, with registered address at Stour Valley Business Centre, Sudbury, CO10 7GB.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Site, subscribe to our newsletter, book a table at one of our restaurants, enter a competition, promotion or survey, purchase a gift card or voucher, apply for a job with us, register for Wi-Fi in our restaurants and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address postcode, phone number and birthday.
• Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
• Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, date and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; o Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
• Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this Site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data.
Similar to other commercial websites, our Site uses technology called “cookies” and web server logs to collect information about how our Site is used. A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that Site asks your device for permission to store this file in a part of your device specifically designated for cookies.
We use some cookies for purposes which are strictly necessary for your use of our Site. These may include, for example, cookies which remember your preferences and settings; which remember information that you may enter online (so that it does not have to be re-entered every time you move to another page); or to keep you logged in to portals that we may offer where you wish this to happen.
Where you have permitted the use of performance cookies, we use Google Analytics to collect statistical information about how our Site is used.
These analytics services help us to know how many users we have, which parts of our sites are most popular, what browsers are used (so we can maximize compatibility), the country or region where our users are located, and the demographics and interests of our users. This enables us to better understand who is using our Site and to improve how we present content on the Site.
Google Analytics cookies may retain information for up to two years. For more information about Google Analytics services, please click here.
You can find below details of the cookies we may deploy:
Cookie Domain Type Description Duration
_fbp .tonkotsu.co.uk Advertising This cookie is set by Facebook to display advertisements when either on Facebook or on a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising, after visiting the website. 3 months loc .addthis.com Advertising AddThis sets this geolocation cookie to help understand the location of users who share the information. 1 year 1 month _ga .tonkotsu.co.uk Analytics The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors. 2 years _gid .tonkotsu.co.uk Analytics Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website’s performance. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously. 1 day uvc .addthis.com Analytics Set by addthis.com to determine the usage of addthis.com service. 1 year 1 month __atuvc tonkotsu.co.uk Functional AddThis sets this cookie to ensure that the updated count is seen when one shares a page and returns to it, before the share count cache is updated. 1 year 1 month __atuvs tonkotsu.co.uk Functional AddThis sets this cookie to ensure that the updated count is seen when one shares a page and returns to it, before the share count cache is updated. 30 minutes _gat .tonkotsu.co.uk Performance This cookie is installed by Google Universal Analytics to restrain request rate and thus limit the collection of data on high traffic sites.
You can refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• Information you give to us. We will use this information: to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us; to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about; if you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data; o to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you and others; to notify you about changes to our service; o to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• Information we collect about you. We will use this information: o to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; o to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; o to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; o as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure; o to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you and others; o to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
• Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
We will frequently process your personal data on the basis of your consent, for example where you provide us your data to receive a product or service, or where you join a mailing list. We also have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data in order to maintain proper records, to provide information to you on the products and services we provide, and to carry out marketing activities.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We retain and store your personal data only for as long as we have a legitimate business purpose to do so. We will retain your contact information while you have a continuing relationship with us. Thereafter it is our normal practice to retain this information for a reasonable period in order to be able to respond to any subsequent queries.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by emailing email@example.com You have the right to see what information we hold about you by making a subject access request, using our subject access request form, available from firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to DPO, Tonkotsu, Stour Valley Business Centre, Sudbury, CO10 7GB.
You also have the following rights: • The right of rectification of inaccurate data; • The right of erasure of your personal data where there is no longer any legitimate basis for processing it (sometimes known as the “right to be forgotten”); • In the circumstances provided for in applicable law, the right to restrict processing, object to processing, and the right to data portability; and • Where the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, or if you wish to enquire or complain about the processing of your personal data, please contact email@example.com or write to DPO, Tonkotsu, Stour Valley Buisness Centre, Subbury, CO10 7GB. You also have the right to lodge complaints about the processing of your personal data with the UK Information Commissioner.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the sites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the operation of these sites or their processing of personal data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.